Lower Kirby, the southern anchor of Houston’s famous Kirby Drive, is a 1,200-acre mixed-use development in northwest Pearland. Located at the intersection of South Beltway 8 and State Highway 288, the district is attractive to life sciences, healthcare, technology, research and manufacturing companies and provides extensive office and retail business opportunities.
The Lower Kirby master plan includes urban residential, office, retail, technology/research campus and light manufacturing all linked by landscaped boulevards with walking trails and parks.
Lower Kirby is capturing a significant portion of office, retail, commercial and industrial projects as the Houston market continues to grow and expand. Existing developments in Lower Kirby include:
- Endress+Hauser’s 112,000 SF Gulf Coast Regional Center campus
- Lonza’s 300,000 SF viral and immunotherapy development and manufacturing facility – the largest dedicated cell and gene therapy manufacturing facility in the world
- America Modern Green is developing the Ivy District – a planned development proposed to include office, continuing care retirement center, retail, condominiums, townhomes and apartments.
- Tool-Flo’s 80,000 SF headquarters, training and manufacturing facility
- Rex Supply’s 46,000 SF facility that serves as a headquarters for Rex Supply and a new distribution center for Production Tool Supply Co., LLC
- Merit Medical’s 92,000 SF R&D/medical device manufacturing facility
- Dover Energy’s 150,000 SF manufacturing and operations center
- Mitsubishi Heavy Compressor Corporation’s 180,000 SF office, manufacturing & warehouse facility
- Bass Pro Shop’s 150,000 SF retail location developed by Poag & McEwen
- Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.’s 46,000 SF medical device manufacturing facility
- Pearland Surgery Center